Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a chronic, neurobehavioral disorder with symptoms of inattention and/or hyperactivity and impulsivity. These symptoms, when untreated, can interfere with many aspects of life, including work and social functioning.
Some common symptoms of inattention may include:
- Lacking persistence
- Having difficulty sustaining focus
- Being disorganized
Some common symptoms of hyperactivity may include:
- Excessive motor activity
- Excessive restlessness, fidgeting, tapping, talkativeness
- Wearing others out with activity
Some common symptoms of impulsivity may include:
- Hasty actions and decisions without forethought and consideration for consequences
- Desire for immediate rewards
- Inability to delay gratification
- Social intrusiveness
At Union Square Practice, we can diagnose adult ADHD presentations and provide a treatment plan to help you maintain focus and increase productivity in your life. Psychotherapy, medications, or a combination of the two can be highly effective for the treatment of ADHD.