Group Mindfulness Meditation Class at Union Square Practice
Feeling the effects of stress, anxiety, or just being overwhelmed by life’s commitments?
Where: 817 Broadway, near Union Square.
When: Tuesdays 7:00 PM to 7:45 PM.
Cost: $50 regular, $20 with valid student ID.
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a nonjudgmental awareness of ourselves, our environment, and the interaction between the two.
What is Meditation?
To engage in mental exercise (concentration on one’s breathing or repetition of a mantra, for instance) for the purpose of reaching a heightened level of spiritual awareness.
Each week will have a different practice.
First, we will always start with an awareness of breath exercise.
· This is a short exercise that will be used to initiate a mindful approach to the practice.
Second, there will be a longer practice, which will vary from week to week. The exercise can be any of the following and more:
· Awareness of a word or phrase, utilizing a different focal point for meditation.
· A body scan, which is a systematical observation of each part of the body that can be relaxing and useful for changing relationships with pain or soreness.
· Guided imagery, which is used to enhance visualization ability.
· Loving kindness meditation, a mantra based exercise oriented towards initiating compassion for ourselves and others.
After each practice we will discuss the meditation practice and address any questions you may have about the process.
There are numerous benefits of mindfulness meditation practice, and any additional information or consultation is available by contacting us at 212–335–2100 or by email at office@UnionSquarepractice.com