Psychology & Psychotherapy
Psychology is the study of the mind and behavior. As we know, the mind is highly complex! At Union Square Practice, we have a range of approachable experts who conduct therapy.
USP’s psychology team includes:
- PhDs (doctor of philosophy in Psychology)
- PsyDs (Doctor of psychology)
- Child & Teen Psychologists
- Licensed Master Social Workers
- Mental Health Counselors
We believe that a great connection between you and your therapist makes for the most successful outcome. To learn more about therapy, check out our blogs on “What Makes Therapy Work?” from co-founder Dr. Jonathan Fader for adults and another from Dr. Laura Paret for children and teens.
USP offers many different types of therapy:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing & Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Supportive Psychotherapy
- Development Psychology For Children & Teens
- Comprehensive evaluation
- Therapy recommendation
- If medication is a consideration, USP has psychiatrists that can prescribe.
- Weekly therapy sessions
- Although it is typical for someone to come in on a weekly basis, the frequency of visits is determined in collaboration between you and your therapist.