Psychology & Psychotherapy
Psychology is the study of the mind and behavior. As we know, the mind is highly complex! At Union Square Practice, we have a range of approachable experts who conduct therapy.
USP’s psychology team includes:
- PhDs (doctor of philosophy in Psychology)
- PsyDs (Doctor of psychology)
- Child/Teen Psychologists
- Licensed Master Social Workers
- Mental Health Counselors
We believe that a great connection between you and your therapist makes for the most successful outcome. To learn more about therapy, check out our blogs on “What Makes Therapy Work?” from co-founder Dr. Jonathan Fader for adults and another from Dr. Laura Paret for children and teens.
USP offers many different types of therapy. Click to learn about some of our most effective therapies.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing/Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Supportive Psychotherapy
- Development Psychology For Children/Teens
- Comprehensive evaluation
- Therapy recommendation
- If medication is a consideration, USP has psychiatrists that can prescribe.
- Weekly therapy sessions
- Although it is typical for someone to come in on a weekly basis, the frequency of visits is determined in collaboration between you and your therapist.