Dr. Amanda Hahn-Ketter is a neuropsychologist specializing in assessment, diagnosis, and treatment planning for individuals across the lifespan with known or suspected brain dysfunction. She also provides brief cognitive rehabilitation to help individuals compensate for and cope with cognitive difficulties.
Dr. HK’s background entails extensive clinical experience across medical and mental health settings where she developed a passion for helping patients address neurocognitive issues. Her past and current research is focused on investigating the long-term neuropsychological and emotional outcomes of acquired brain injury and other neurological disorders.
In addition to clinical care, Dr. HK is actively engaged in training and leadership within the neuropsychology community. Her commitment to the field has prompted active participation on numerous professional committees and memberships in the following associations:
- American Psychological Association (APA) Division 40 (Society for Clinical Neuropsychology)
- International Neuropsychological Society (INS)
- New York State Association of Neuropsychology (NYSAN)
- New York Neuropsychology Group (NYNG)
- Affiliate member of American Academy of Clinical Neuropsychology (AACN)
Education, Experience, & Expertise:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and Biology from the University of Chicago
- Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) in Clinical Psychology with concentration in Neuropsychology from the Adler School of Professional Psychology
- Predoctoral Internship in Neuropsychology at VA Maine Healthcare System
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Neuropsychology & TBI Rehabilitation Research at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital
- Areas of Expertise: neuropsychological assessment, cognitive remediation, brain injury, concussion, LD & ADHD, age-related cognitive decline, cerebrovascular disease, dementia
- Brain Sleuth: How Neuropsychology Helps Solve Mysteries Of The Brain. (needs to be changed after blog migration)
- The Puzzle Of Adult ADHD (And How Neuropsychology Can Help Solve It).