Flo Leighton is a Board Certified Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner specializing in Psychotherapy and Medication Management. Flo has worked as a nurse in mental health since 2006. She focuses on using a holistic and integrative approach to diagnosing and treating mental health conditions. Flo works extensively with adolescents, college students, and young adults but is able to treat clients across the lifespan struggling with depression, anxiety, ADHD, relationship issues or major life changes.
Flo’s expertise, dedication and warm personality make her a standout in her field. She has been recognized for her outstanding contributions receiving many accolades.
- First clinical nurse at Columbia University Medical Center to receive the Outstanding Humanism in Patient Care Award from Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons
- Nominated for the Clinical Nurse Excellence award
- Inducted into Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society of Nursing
Flo maintains a passion for community involvement and volunteerism. She has volunteered for Leukemia Lymphoma Society (LLS) as a cancer support group facilitator. She participated in the LLS Team in Training program and has been a guest speaker at local elementary and middle schools.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing from New York University
- Undergraduate degree from Mercy College
- Currently serves as an adjunct clinical faculty at New York University College of Nursing
- Member of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association
- Previously worked as a clinical nurse at NY Presbyterian Hospital/ Westchester Division on the inpatient child and adolescent behavioral health units
- Previously Worked as a charge Nurse at NY Presbyterian Hospital/ Columbia University Medical Center’s inpatient adult behavioral health unit and Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP)