Liv Massey holds dual roles as a licensed mental health counselor and mental performance coach. Her work with individuals is influenced by a cognitive behavioral and person-centered approach. Liv specializes in working with adolescents and young adults on topics such as anxiety, depression, self-compassion, confidence and emotional control.
In performance settings, Liv has expertise in delivering mindfulness-based interventions that help her clients develop abilities in attentional control, mental preparation and optimizing their mindset to be able to perform at their best and enjoy their lives more fully. Liv has experience working with athletes, performing artists, entrepreneurs, and more. Liv also works closely with Dr. Jonathan Fader on consulting teams and organizations on how to improve performance.
Liv believes in the importance of the relationship between therapist/coach and client, and works to cultivate a supportive, nonjudgmental environment while teaching an integrative range of techniques to help individuals overcome barriers in their lives and reach their full potential.
Education and Experience:
• Received her Master’s degree in mental health counseling with a specialization in sport and performance psychology from Boston University
• 4-year NCAA Division 1 Track and Field Athlete at Bucknell University
• Served as a Sport Psychology consultant for NCAA Division III teams in the Boston metropolitan area
• Worked as a lead clinical staff at a residential wilderness therapy program in Hawaii
• Advanced training in Motivational Interviewing, Mindful Sport and Performance Enhancement (MPSE), and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)