Matt Buttigieg, MS, NP-P, PMHNP-BC, is an ANCC Board Certified Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. Matt offers both therapy and medication management. He has experience and a passion for working with the LGBTQ community.
Matt creates a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment for every client, and understands the importance of empathy, trust, and kindness. He focuses on the whole person to foster a successful therapeutic experience. He believes that a personalized treatment plan can help each of his clients reach their goals and make positive changes.
Matt has clinical experience working at inpatient behavioral health units, most recently at Columbia Medical Center. Having worked closely with diverse and complex individuals, he has an in-depth knowledge around the treatment for many mental health conditions including:
- Attention Deficit Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
Education, Experience, & Expertise:
- Master’s degree as an advanced practice psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner from New York University Rory Meyers College of Nursing
- Currently an adjunct faculty member at New York University’s College of Nursing
- Undergraduate degrees in both nursing and psychology from the University of Michigan and Michigan State University
- Interned at Housing Works with underserved and at-risk populations
- Why is Depression More Prevalent in the LGBTQ Community? A Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Explains the Disparity – and How to Find Help