Michelle Freedland, an ANCC Board Certified Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, specializes in therapy and medication management. She believes in individualized care with the goal of forging relationships with clients that allows for change based on knowledge and support.
Ingrained in Michelle’s client-centered approach is the notion of holistic care and that kindness and empathy aid in the promotion of healing and recovery. She is committed to assisting clients with developing the tools they need to lead productive and meaningful lives.
She also has training in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy and Motivational Interviewing.
Michelle is a recognized leader receiving awards and contributing to her field.
- Daisy Award for recognition of nursing excellence
- Guest panelist at the American Psychiatric Nurses Association Annual Conference and the New York State Psychiatric Institute’s Nursing Grand Rounds on the topics of neuromodulation and post traumatic stress disorder.
Education, Experience, & Expertise:
- Georgetown University – BS in Nursing
- New York University – MS in Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing
- Clinical Nurse at Columbia University Medical Center’s inpatient Behavioral Health Unit
- Clinical Preceptor for NYU graduate Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program