Sara Frischer is a Board Certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner who specializes in psychotherapy and medication management. Sara’s philosophy is driven by her belief that no mental illness looks alike and shouldn’t be treated as such. Because of this she has cultivated a passion for an individualized approach to care. Sara’s compassion, empathy and ability to understand the human experience facilitates a safe and nurturing therapeutic environment for all of her clients.
Sara’s specific areas of interest are treating clients with eating disorders, self-harming behaviors and the psychological effects of trauma. She has specialized training in the treatment of these disorders, which include Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) with the Marsha Linehan Institute, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Eating Disorder Clinical Coaching with the Carolyn Costin Institute, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Motivational Interviewing.
Before entering the mental health field, Sara spent over a decade working with critically-ill children in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. This experience has facilitated an expertise in working with children, adolescents and their families. Sara is a leader in the field of child and adolescent nursing and has been recognized in the following ways:
- Awarded for excellence in nursing care – Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital
- Recognized as a leader and educator in providing a trauma informed approach to clinical care in the Pediatric Acute Care Setting.
- “Outstanding Teacher” in Pediatric Nursing – Seton Hall University
Education, Experience & Expertise
- Seton Hall University – BS in Nursing
- Seton Hall University – MS in Pediatric Nursing
- New York University – Post Master’s Degree in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
- Served on the faculty at Seton Hall University as a Professor in Pediatric Nursing
- Registered Nurse in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit – Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of New York
- Presbyterian Hospital.
- Eating Disorder Recovery Coach – Eating Disorder Recovery Specialties